Monday, February 6, 2012

Introduction Experience

So, I'm not very good at keeping up with this whole blog thing, but I promise I will do my best to get better. It's funny, too, because when I actually do blog I really enjoy it. Hmm.. Anyways, I'd love to share my experiences in Classroom Computer Applications with you. First off, let me say that I have the best classmates ever. Coming to class means a discussion on the Hunger Games. Just in case you guys are unaware, there is a new trailer out now! Check it out:


Okay, enough about the Hunger Games. I have said my peace. 

Photo from personal collection
Thinking back to our introductory presentation experience, I remember thinking "what in the world am I going to do?" The more I thought the more frustrated I became. Until I thought of on one really simple idea -- I am complex; humans are complex! We're not boring, or monotonous! We have dimension, we have passion, and we are unique (and a bit silly at times). Then I tried to think of the qualities that made me unique. Once I decided on 10 qualities that I felt comfortable sharing I tried to think of a neat way to organize my presentation. Then it hit me! Every single quality I had written is constant. Meaning, that every where I go I am still all 10 qualities. They don't come and go depending on my surroundings. They make me who I am! Then I figured that if I carry every quality everywhere it's kind of like keeping them in a backpack. AHA!! I'll use my backpack to symbolize this! 
I was extremely pleased with how well my presentation went. I felt like it was creative and for me, it really meant a lot. There is a difference between caring what people think of you, and caring about how you are perceived by others. I always try to make sure that I am perceived well by others. How people view me is really important, which makes first impressions critical. I felt good knowing that my classmates were able to get to know me this way! It was a great and very fun assignment!!

When completing my presentation review I was really bummed that I settled for a written submission. I really wanted to use something fun like Audioboo, or Xtranormal. I tried using both, and both times encountered some sort of issue. I will definitely make it my goal this semester (and in the future) to be more  creative with my online work. Dr. Zeitz is really good about giving us ample resources to do this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment